Wednesday 1 June 2011

Little-N has been reading...

A few months ago I wrote this post. Some of you suggested some great books [THANK YOU] I went ahead and bought the ones I could. Here's what Little-N has been reading:

Tales from Rumi, he loves this book! It contains small stories that convey moral and spiritual lessons. We decided to have a discussion after each story to insure that Little-N has taken it all in.

Little-N loved these. I gave him the books one at a time and he sat and read them from cover to cover.


One morning I came downstairs and found Little-N weeping. When I asked him why, he replied sniff sniff ''Charlotte died!'' sniff sniff

He read this book so fast and then asked for another one. I told him that was it for the day, so he read it again!

I'm going to the library tomorrow to see if I can get hold of some other books by E.B. White.

If you know of any more good books for Little-N please let me know, your suggestions are appreciated!

5 comments:

Annicles said...

They are about girls but the Little House on the Prairie books may capture his imagination.

My son loves Harry Potter and has been reading and re-reading them for about three years now.

The Pirates and the deep green sea and The Wind on the Moon - by eric Linklater. Stig of the Dump. They have both been really popular. If you want something completely different how about Calvin and Hobbes!!

jojoebi-designs said...

Glad he liked My Fathers dragon, I have the next two books on one side for Ebi-kuns birthday. I will have to order the tales from Rumi book too!

Stig of the dump - now that brings back memories!

Anonymous said...

I have ''Le petit prince'' in French if you want :-)
see you soon

Blu Blessings said...

I've always loved The Little Prince. Two of my favorite quotes are:
"To forget a friend is sad, not everyone has had a friend"

and

"People no longer have the time to understand anything. They buy everything ready made from the shops. But there is no shop where friends can be bought, so people no longer have friends."

Always liked these two quotes and I always make it a point to at least think about my close friends if I can't meet them.
Of course, there some close friends that just telepathically force their way into my mind so that I don't forget them. Either way, special friends are rare indeed.

Choxbox said...

Pippi Longstocking, all of Dick King-Smith's many books, the Humphrey series by Betty Birney, the Animal Ark collection, Michael Bond's Olga da Polga series, Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder, Secret Seven series by Enid Blyton, Arthur Ransome's books - all of these were what my daughter had enjoyed at Little N's age. And oh the Asterix comics! She was nuts about them then, still is :)

Another very good book with a dragon as the central character is Cornelia Funke's Dragon Rider.