Monday 19 January 2009

DECANOMIAL SQUARE

I just made this material as part of my advanced mathematics course work for my training. Although it looks quiet hard to make, it was actually straight forward and easy.
All you really need to make this is a ruled cutting mat, foam or cardboard and a sharp crafts knife. I choose foam rather than laminated cardboard because I can imagine how frustrated a child would get when his mat is knocked and everything slides all over the place after spending hours working on this. I think I will also make another one from very thick card and not laminate it. The only problem I have now is trying to find gold coloured foam and a suitable storage box. I'll upload my own photo's once I get my laptop working again.
Here is a link I found for a presentation of this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*******************
*******************
FREE INTERNET SPEED TEST

Fast, Free, Secure
*******************
*******************

Xia said...

I was wondering if you could post on the Decimal Checkerboard. Or perhaps you know of an Internet link?
I don't know how to use it and I'm doing decimals with one of my kids. I'm tempted to buy the NAMC Math albums, but they are so expensive!
I found some 6-9 Math albums but they are missing fractions and decimals :(

As always, I really appreciate everything you share on your wonderful blog!